KASAG LANGNAU AG


Company history


1929

Louis Lauber, E. Kunz and Werner Gerber set up the copper smithy, aluminium welding works AG (KASAG). 

1951

The first transport cistern is manufactured.

1966

The KASAG company expands to Zurich where it sets up a branch office. At a later stage the KASAG Engineering company becomes independent.

1978

KASAG-Flückiger AG is the result of the merger of KASAG and Flückiger AG.

1979

A new factory building is erected in the year of the 50th anniversay.

1980

The new factory No. 2 for tank vehicles is commissioned. This means that all
factories of the company are now on one site which simplifies procedures.

1988-
1997

Investments are made step by step in automation. A production line with a straigth welding system and a bending machine, plasma arc cutting and circular welding equipment as well as automatic machinery for welding in pipes lead to an optimization of production.

2001

Brand Anlagenbau AG acquires the majority of the shares and nominates a new management.

2008

Sale of the departement producing tank vehicles. The focus is on the core business.